- Achieving LDL-C Goal for All Patients in the Era of PCSK9 InhibitorsDate: Monday, Nov. 14
Time: 6:30-7 p.m.: Registration and dinner; 7-9 p.m.: CME Symposium
Sponsored by: AcademicCME
Supported by: Amgen, Inc.
Location: New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center, Blaine Kern Ballroom, First Floor
Address: 859 Convention Center Blvd.
- Seeing Diabetes Through Heart-Shaped Glasses: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on the Management of Comorbid Type 2 Diabetes and Cardiovascular DiseaseDate: Monday, Nov. 14
Time: 7-9:15 p.m.
Sponsored by: The Institute for Medical and Nursing Education, Inc.
Supported by: Boehringer Ingelheim, Inc., and Lilly USA, LLC
Location: Hilton New Orleans Riverside, Grand Salon A & B
Address: Two Poydras St.
- Evolving Perspectives on Intensive LDL-C Lowering and Plaque Regression: Potential Impact on Treatment StrategiesDate: Tuesday, Nov. 15
Time: 7-7:15 p.m.: Registration; 7:15-8:45 p.m. Symposium
Location: The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, Magnolia Ballroom (Third Floor)
Address: 100 Rue Iberville
- Complete Unofficial Satellite Event Information Read More
- Scientific Sessions brings bigger technologyStay on the cutting edge of new technology in cardiovascular science and clinical practice at Scientific Sessions 2016, Nov. 12-16 in New Orleans. Learn about the latest innovations in clinical practice, prevention and basic science through three highly anticipated programs. Read More
- Tap into technology at Scientific SessionsOne of the great values of taking part in Scientific Sessions 2016 is the varied technology-based avenues for expanding your educational experience. Begin with downloading the Mobile Meeting Guide App. Read More
- Test your cardiac skills in the Simulation ZoneIn the Simulation Zone, you’ll get hands-on experience and test your cardiac knowledge, skills and critical thinking. Located in Booth 1103 in the Science & Technology Hall, the Simulation Zone offers four types of activities. Read More
- LBCTs, CSSRs reveal bigger scienceCome face-to-face with the latest and biggest clinical cardiovascular breakthroughs in 2016 at Scientific Sessions, Nov. 12-16 in New Orleans. The highly anticipated Late-Breaking Clinical Trials and Clinical Science Special Reports will uncover the latest developments that will impact your patients. Read More
- Genomics Bootcamps designed for cliniciansOur Genomics Bootcamps will give you the skills to incorporate cutting-edge genomic technologies into your own research programs. And this year, two bootcamps will take you through case-based learning activities. Read More
- Show your support of AHA’s vital initiativesScientific Sessions 2016 has made it easy for you to remain heart healthy while you’re on the road, while at the same time supporting several of AHA’s causes. Read More
- Scientific Sessions draws big-name speakersScientific Sessions 2016 will provide attendees with an unprecedented opportunity to meet and network with big-name presenters in the world of cardiovascular discovery and care Nov. 12-16 in New Orleans. Read More
- Specialty programs focus on resuscitation and nursingExtend your Scientific Sessions 2016 educational experience by taking part in three specialty programs — the Resuscitation Science Symposium (ReSS), Cardiovascular Nursing Clinical Symposium and Frontiers in Science Summits: Stem Cells, Thrombosis, Arrhythmia Research and Vascular Disease. Read More
- Expand your learning in 6 targeted poster areasA vital part of your Scientific Sessions 2016 educational experience comes from the posters. To help you narrow your search of the more than 3,375 posters, we have organized the posters into six poster sections and integrated the posters throughout the Science and Technology Hall. Read More
- Networking tops reasons to be in NOLAYou’ve come to expect big things from Scientific Sessions, and this year we’ve gone even bigger with our networking opportunities. At Scientific Sessions 2016, Nov. 12-16 in New Orleans, you’ll find many venues and activities that allow you to rub shoulders with the big names in cardiovascular research and science. Read More
- Scientific Sessions offers early-career opportunitiesWhether you're a fellow-in-training (FIT) or in the early stages of your career, attending Scientific Sessions is the best way to take your career to the next level. Read More
- How to network at Scientific Sessions 2016A vital component of Scientific Sessions is the unique networking you’ll gain from meeting face-to-face with colleagues from around the world. Read More
- Expect bigger things at Scientific SessionsScientific Sessions 2016, Nov. 12-16 in New Orleans, is going to be bigger and more cutting-edge than ever before. With enhanced programming for you, we are bringing bigger science, clinical content, technology and networking to the Big Easy. Read More
- New Orleans welcomes Scientific SessionsNew Orleans is known for its intertwining culture, cuisine, art and music, but beyond this charming picture is a city with a distinguished backdrop of cardiovascular discovery. These qualities make the Crescent City an ideal destination for Scientific Sessions 2016, Nov. 12-16 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Read More
- Scientific Sessions hosts Frontiers in Science SummitsThe AHA is excited to host four Frontiers in Science Summits: Arrhythmia Research, Stem Cells, Thrombosis and Vascular Disease summits at Scientific Sessions 2016. Each Frontiers in Science Summit will dedicate one full day to profile scientific advances in quick, lightning-speed sessions focused on presenting the latest breakthroughs and pre-publication discovery. Read More